Friday, March 26, 2010

Suprabatham!

My morning starts like this:
Alarm starts ringing at 5 AM. I have the habit of getting up right after the alarm rings and not keep snoozing it again and again. May be it is because I got so used to get up early right from my childhood days. I always prefer studying in the morning than late nights. Coming back to the morning...

I brush and take bath. I do not like to enter the kitchen without taking bath. I switch on M.S.Subbulakshmi's Suprabatham. I start preparing coffee around 5:30. I wake my husband up, give him coffee and start preparing lunch. I prepare the breakfast and lunch simultaneously. Idli, Chutney, Sambar and veg. curry - all ready by 7:15. I pack lunch boxes. We eat the tasty idlis and leave home when the clock ticks 8.

********************************************

'Ezhundhuru maa..late aguthu paaru" - My husband is trying to wake me up...
I wake up slowly realizing that it was a dream. Even for a dream, it was so hectic.
It is already 7:25. We have to leave before 8:10 or we will miss the bus. I get up. I brush and finish bathing, all in 20 minutes. I run down to the kitchen. Heat the food prepared the previous night and pack the boxes. Heat milk and add cereals. Give it to the husband. I gulp it fast myself. All in another 20 minutes. Ready to leave by 8:05.

But I wish one day, at least one day, I follow whatever I dreamed. This is what all the working moms of previous generation have been doing, add to this the getting-kids-ready task. Thank god, we are born after 1970s and 80s.

6 comments:

Jayashree said...

Nice read Saranya!

Raji said...

Wish I follow your dream for the years to come :) Good one!

Shobana said...

Oru nimisham heart attack eh vandhuruchu after reading the first half...was wondering how good you are and all that...imagination running wild. After reading the second half, the heart has settled down and am breathing normally.

Anonymous said...

well, I wake up early. But, you just want to get to work early, because there are 100s of things at work and moreover I think our stomachs have shrunk I guess. They cannot take idlis and prefer the cold & blahhh cereal/oatmeal in the morning. Yeah , you are right we have more luxuries compared to our previous generation :)
Harini

Lavanya Raj said...

It was my dream too. i should say, the exact dream, except going to work.

But you know, what happens in reality, my hubby wakes me up at 8.15, and i prepare some cereals / idlis', pack snacks for my son and feed him idli's or kanji, to send him to play-school by 9.00a.m.

R u better than me?

Love ur blog!! You are writing up from ur heart or mind, whatever!!

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks Jayashree!

Rekha,
You are following it right now by getting up at 5:30 every day.

Shobhana,
naan weekend la 11:00 ku enthirikka ve romba yosippen :)

Harini,
I would say getting up early is more than sufficient. I know u do that and ur mom is one of my strong inspirations.

Lavi,
Thanks! If I write about my weekend schedule, you would not even think about urs.