Thursday, October 11, 2007

Have you ever thought why?

I wanted to write about Ilayaraja for a long time. But I was not confident how to express 'what and how' I feel about his music. So I did not take any chance of writing about him. Even, I was not able to answer if someone asked me "why do you like him?". There are so many reasons, but I was not able to tell even one. May be it is because of my poor music knowledge or whatsoever.

Now, I found a solution to these. If someone asks me about Ilayaraja, I am just going to forward a link. Want to know that link???. Here it is.

http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.com/2005/04/music-analyzed-by-drlakshminarayanan.html

My brother forwarded me this blog link last week. The author of the blog is Hawkeye. Not only this post, but the blogger has written so many posts in different topics. His writings has a depth in it and they are very well analysed and written. He has written a post about our Ilayaraja too. The author has explained very nicely about Ilayaraja, his talents and his works. I am very proud that a Tamilian from a remote village is reaching all these musical heights. Go thru this when you get time.

2 comments:

Raji said...

Amazed with the history and nuances of musical journey of Ilayaraja..Never got a chance before to read a good post about 'The Maestro'...Thanks for posting!

Hawkeye said...

Thanks for your kind words.

Ilayaraj in my mind is a true genius.