Monday, May 11, 2009

Gardening '09

Yesterday, we started our gardening journey in the new home :-)
We bought a lawn mower and tried that immediately. We were not sure of the grass length. So, had a look at the neighbour's lawn and after some trial and errors, decided with a length. The mowing was successful. There are still some lengthy grasses popping out here and there. But see.. this is our first time :-(

As Arun did this simple task, I did the herculean task of spreading the lawn food, applying weed control and watering. (all with his help, again :-))

And, I had tried the following seeds:
Beans
Cucumber
Coriander
Tomato
Chilli
Methi

And also have tried
Mint
Onion
Potato

Ok..too much for a first try..but I did. Have to wait and see the results. Pray for me that atleast 2 or 3 of these should show some results. I am waiting for the day to pluck them from the plant when I am cooking and use them.

I have to try some flowers after this.

The weeds..errrrrrrrr..yet to remove them and put weed control. Oh boy! not so simple to have a cute lil garden.

But I loved what we did yesterday. I will post some pictures in future if I decide that they are looking good in my eyes :-). Now they just look like some barren land.

7 comments:

Anusha said...

bought a home? congrats!
and thats a great veggie lineup..look forward to catching up with you guys.

Raji said...

Kewl! Gardening sounds like a good activity...Do post some pics...wud luv to see those teeny tiny weeds popping as plants and Good luck! :)

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Hi KM,
Yes...Finally :-). You have to defly visit us after coming back to Seattle.

Rekha,
Sure...I will take some pics and send you.

Rahima said...

hmm... sounds interesting saranya... post some pics when it grows...

Saranya Arunprakash said...

waiting for it Rahima! :-)..Am checking every evening..

Anonymous said...

you should post updates too here on your blog.
Harini

Saranya Arunprakash said...

The plants are still very small, so not in a situation to give update :-)