Tuesday, November 10, 2009

3 years!!!

Today is a very special day for us...the day that tied us together for life. Things have been wonderful so far.

I am trying to remember the things that we used to discuss about our marriage life:

- watching movies all the time: we do this 8 hours a day now :-). We watch serials and movies in all the languages. We never get bored at it.

- eating all good food: All Indian food to be more specific. We prepare varieties at home and have a great pleasure while having it with a movie. We call this as 'Heaven' and we enjoy this more than anything in the world.
In particular, I love the weekend coffee that you prepare. It is so good to get up at 11:oo and have a coffee that I don't have to prepare :-).

- having a nice cute home: We have a cute home and we have it the way we like..simple and sweet.

- having a comfy car: This is your priority area and you have your dream car. I enjoy it as much as you do.

- chatting all non-sense: This is my priority area :-). We can talk about everything and we talk about it again and again. For example, Akshu's "Ange Inge". We never get bored doing this.

We have done all the above exactly the same way as we thought we do.

Things that I would like to add to last year's list :-):
You don't demand anything from me, right from cooking to cleaning. It is up to me and it is all according to my wish. I could not imagine how it would be, if you come and say "Cook chicken today" or "Why the clothes are still lying there?". It is the other way in our home - "We will eat outside, you don't strain cooking everyday" and "You can arrange them later, take some rest now".

I read this somewhere:
"Rocky times are a challenge to be acknowledged, worked through, and resolved so you can experience deeper friendship, greater understanding, happier times, and higher levels of life experience together." - There were some ups and downs in our life too. But they made us understand each other better and love more.

As you said yesterday, like Michael Scott and Holly in 'The Office', we are made for each other. I wish to be the same way all our life. Even at 80, we should keep watching movies and commenting on them :-).


I did not take any vows in our wedding, so I am taking one here -
"To have and to hold, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

Wishing a very happy anniversary, my dear!

15 comments:

Raji said...

Tats too nice! Wow...Happy anniversary my dear friends!!! Convey my wishes to Arun too! And I wish much more happier years to come to u both!

Rahima said...

It was nice to read...
Happy Annnivesary da and best wishes!!!!

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks Rekha and Rahima!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and my best wishes to you both !I completely relate to the part where nothing is expected . We are really luck Saranya.... and btw.. at 80 , i will still ask you what movies to watch... so you better continue :)...
Harini

Saranya Arunprakash said...

ha ha ha...Harini, but I will ask your suggestions for Kannada movies :-).

Shobana said...

Happy anniversary!!! I didn't know it only has been 3yrs for you guys. Happy anniversary again to both of you and wishing you all happiness and many movies to watch together.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Happy anniversary! And hey, that's a very sweet post. I'm following this blog from now on.

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Hi Swapna,
Thanks for dropping by! You are going to follow my blog? that's lovely. I am going to browse thru urs right now :-).

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks Shobhana!
"I didn't know it only has been 3yrs for you guys."
You thought we are much older? Oh no :-)

Shobana said...

No no! I thot that you guys were married a little longer like say
5yrs!!! Nothing else....I know you both are young. Even younger than me, I think!

Anonymous said...

Saranya,
I think you will like this post..

http://jottingsnmusings.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/am-i-really-happy-1/

Harini

Saranya Arunprakash said...

I was jus kidding Shobhana! We know each other for a long time as we were college mates. May be that made u think that way..but vayasu ennavo ezhu kazhutha vayasu achu..i feel lot older when seeing young people around me these days. wht to do? :-)

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks Harini..that post was really thought provoking. I do not have any comments abt social netowrking..but at times, i also tend to compare my life with others and feel low..but happiness is completely relative. Thanks for sharing!

amuchi said...

when i read ur 3 years
i was literally in tears

the words r in clear
to tell how much u love ur dear

u need not fear
when arun is near

ey saran ,ene t.rajender comment solre madhiri iruka,ene vita i will write like this only ,but u wrote everythng so simply and it really reflected ur feelings for arun really he is lucky and u too,i wish u both all the best for ur future love life too

from urs amuchi

Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks amuchi! kavithai is amazing! seriously..t.rajendran la onnum illa ithu compare panna :). Thanks for the wishes again.