Friday, February 19, 2010

Why?

Why do I watch some movies again and again and again?
This question popped up in my mind today when I was browsing to watch some movie and decided to see 'Tdhayathai Thirudathey' for the zillionth time.

I pretend myself every time that I do not remember the story and the scenes. Actually, I do not remember that much, in spite of the fact that these are my most favorite movies.

Mouna Raagam
Idhayathai Thirudathey
Bommakutti Ammavukku
Poove Poochudava
Mozhi

Let me think why I like each of these movies in the list.

Other than Mozhi, I think it is Ilayaraja's music that simply drags me towards them.

Idhayathai thirudathey
Oh Paapa laali....
My most favorite song in this movie.
'Paapa' - what an affectionate way to konjufy a girl friend?
When you treat your spouse as a kid and take care of them, there is nothing more that is needed.

I am completely moved by these lines in this song:

thalai saayththida madi paaymael thirumaenikku sugamoa
endha naaLilum vaadaadha iLam thaamarai mugamoa
idhai kaappadhu enRum paarppadhu indha thaay manamae



I listen to this song in both Tamil and Telugu. OMG, what a divine experience! Tamil version is by Mano and telugu by SPB. I used to like the tamil version as I can understand the lyrics better. But SPB's voice is so good and I am listening to both the versions these days.


Poove puchuduva
The song 'Poove puchuduva...'

I cry every time I listen to this,
Azhaippu mani entha veetil kettaalum oodi naan vanthu paarpen
Thendral en vaasal theendave illai kannil venneerai vaarpen,
Kangalumm ooithathu jeevanumm theinthathu
Jeeva deepagal oyum neram neeum neiyaaga vanthaai
Intha kanneeril sogam illai indru aanantham thanthaai
Pethi endralum neeum en thaai
Poove poochooda vaa enthan nenjil paal vaarka vaa

Intha pon maanai paarthuk konde sendru naan sera vendum..
Meendum jenmangal maarum pothum naan un magalaaga vendum


bommakutti ammavukku
kuyile kuyile

I love the matching dresses of Sathyaraj, Suhasini and the sweet kutti

I am surprised when I prepared this list that there is no thalaivar's(Kamal) movie. Not even one. That's bad. I like 'Devar magan' and many of his movies. But, I like them as a core cinema lover and I like them based on performance and other things. List here is different and something close to my heart.

I started this blog about something else and here I am talking about Ilayaraja's music again :)

Hats off to the Genius! I could not even dream about our generation without his music.
It is his music we listen to, when we are happy, sad, frustrated, overwhelmed...
There are many new people coming up. But it is just his music we think we belong to.
When we go on long drives, when we sit at home nothing to do, when we work in a busy schedule..anywhere and anytime - one and only Isaignani.

5 comments:

Raji said...

Wow...That list...all those movies are my most favorites too...Do u know the coincidence? Yesterday, suddenly I felt like listening to Poove Poochudava song and I did...Its very touching...And today I am reading your blog and listening to the song again...I agree what you say...All other upcoming music directors and their songs stay for a while but at times of happiness, frustration, as you said, we just tune to Isaignani...He's a legend...I doubt if there would be someone like him in the future...

Anonymous said...

aaah these are classics... so that's why .. btw, where do you watch poove poochudava? couldn't agree with you more on isaignani.... I have a separate playlist for Ilayaraja on my ipod :) He is god
Harini

Anonymous said...

[url=http://onlinemoney-11.blogspot.com/]How to get money[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello

Great share, thanks for your time

Anonymous said...

He obtained the ability to generate the participate in when it mattered the most Sports have been ingrained in modern culture If you find yourself endeavoring to pay for footwear to get anyone is often difficult to acquire whereby NFL you'll have Remember the risk factor is always there and no matter how calculative you are you can never be definite about which team is going to win or lose The NFL-AFL merger placed Buffalo in the AFC East division with the Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, and Colts First, each question is worth the same number of points, no matter how hard or easy it is
Martz is Prepared to Take all of the strings on a Substantial poHave beend Awayensive Device Together with the six sports goodies mentioned, custom-made NFL jerseys is one of the for the most part darling o beautiful girl is a pure red coat will suitSpring dress for the rich and diverse mix of material, quiet mode, be a fashion The net buys for convenient and low price, the more won the fans of favor, especially Adidas Originals Shoes Troy is easily identifiable but not just for his skill on the gridiron but also for his long hair and recently appeared within a shampoo commercialrels with petrol a day
Smart shoppers choose jerseys that look and feel like a professional garment, that have the details and styling they're looking for In 1956 they gone after a dark orange helmet getting a white-colored stripe, that's their current helmet These NFL associated wares would publicly put on view how to a large extent you actually buoy up your working partyThe beloved Lab remains the champ on the annual list of the United State most popular dogs due to its reputation for playfulness and loyalty, and its use as a police and search-and-rescue dog

[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/owen-daniels-jersey-cheap]Owen Daniels Texans Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/andre-johnson-jersey-cheap]Womens Andre Johnson Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-von-miller-womens-jersey]Von Miller Orange Jersey[/url]